Chirpstack downlink help

Hii,
I am sending MAC commands to my end device and it is working fine. When I am sending MAC command and downlink payload at the same time, the MAC command is received in the current RX window but the downlink payload is received in the RX window of next uplink. I guess the downlink payload and the MAC command/acknowledgement should be sent in the same packet. Or, am I fundamentally wrong somewhere.

I am sending MAC commands to my end device and it is working fine

Could you explain how you are sending MAC commands, ChirpStack v4 does not provide you with an option to enqueue your own mac-commands.

In general, mac-commands get priority over application payloads and if the NS can not send both in the same downlink, the application payload stays in the queue.

MAC command is sent using python script gRPC

As you posted this question in the ChirpStack v4 category, my assumption is that you are using v4. ChirpStack v4 does not support enqueueing mac-commands, so maybe you are using v3?

As mentioned in my previous message, mac-commands get priority over application payloads, so it is perfectly normal when (because of the max. payload size) both payloads are not sent as part of the same downlink.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.