Compatibilty of loraserver.io with Kerlink new firmware

thanks. so modification should be applied on server side.
btw, have you tried with Semtech generic forwarder instead of Kerlink one?

Hi @brocaar ,

Kerlink has recently released the next version of common packet forwarder . Could you please confirm if it solves the problem ?

1 Like

Hi @RAJIB_GUPTA ,

I updated my Kerlink iFemtoCell with the new Firmware release v4.1.6 and uplink as well as downlink are working now.

BR/DeHi

Hello,
FYI thereā€™s v_1.1.6 Kerlink Common Packet Forwarder available (October 2019 release) available. will be testing it soon.

Hi @sergi_jini,

I already tested v1.1.6 of the CPF and with v4.1.6 it is working now in both directions :slight_smile:.

BR/DeHi

Hi @DeHi, I tried to install Gateway Bridge on Kerlink Femton with firmware v4.1.6 (CPF v1.1.6) but I donā€™t get it to work.

Followed instruction on https://www.loraserver.io/lora-gateway-bridge/gateway/kerlink/

Downloaded and installed package lora-gateway-bridge_3.3.0-r1_klk_wifc.ipk, files are installed on Kerlink however when trying ā€œmonit start lora-gateway-bridgeā€ it say ā€œThere is no service named ā€œlora-gateway-bridgeā€ā€

Checked in /ect/monit.d and did not find lora-gatway-bridge cofiguration file there. Can I add it manually, what should it contain?

Used in past with v3.x firmware and it worked

Thanks
Nathan

1 Like

It seems there have been some changes between the firmware I initially tested and the latest. Iā€™m working on updated packaging for the iBTS and iFemtoCell. This will be released soon (I hope within a week).

2 Likes

We have two Kerlink iFemtoCell devices. One is running Firmware 3.1.14_20171019161710 and the other one 4.0.4_20181031154230.

In our case lora-gateway-bridge_3.3.0-r1_klk_wifc.ipk can not be installed on both versions of the firmware. The error is ā€œNot selecting lora-gateway-bridge due to incompatible architecture.ā€

Do you see the package installed when you run opkg list?

@Victor what architecture do they have? From what I understand you can read it from the Board IO, my board ID is 821BEc030988, from what I understand it means that the architecture is BEc03.

I can see the package when running opkg list.

root@klk-wifc-030988:~ # opkg list
keros - 4.1.6-0-g4bd4f41b
lora-gateway-bridge - 3.3.0-r1
lorad - 1.1.5-1
lorafwd - 1.1.1-2
root@klk-wifc-030988:~ # ^

As mentioned in my previous message, Iā€™m working on some package updates for the iBTS and iFemtoCell. I have made some modifications (not yet public) that I have successfully tested on the latest firmware version of both the iBTS and iFemtoCell gateways :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have uploaded new packages (3.3.0 r2) for the Kerlink iBTS and iFemtoCell and I have updated the documentation: https://www.loraserver.io/lora-gateway-bridge/gateway/kerlink/.

1 Like

I installed it, now I need to troubleshoot why I donā€™t get data, but I canā€™t find the log of the GB on the Kerlink. Looked at trouble shoot guide Connecting a gateway - ChirpStack open-source LoRaWAN<sup>Ā®</sup> Network Server
It says:

The first indications you will find in the LoRa Gateway Bridge logs. Depending how the LoRa Gateway Bridge was installed on your system, one of the following commands will show you the logs:

journalctl -f -n 100 -u lora-gateway-bridge
tail -f -n 100 /var/log/lora-gateway-bridge/lora-gateway-bridge.log

However neither works on Kerlink, it does not recognize journalctl command and in /var/log/ there is no lora-gateway-bridge sub-directory. So where do I find log?