Configfile location

hi there,

I’m working on a raspbian buster and chirpstack V3.11.

i’m so confused with the location of the configfile and who launch the “chirpstack services”. principaly with the application server.

i have read this https://www.chirpstack.io/application-server/install/config/

but in the different location describe i have only partial config file and futhermore i dont understant if it’s root or the others user which have the home directory.

How i can know wich config file is used? and from where?
cmd: chirpstack-application-server configfile
Dont give me the location of the file.

Futhermore i have a second problem. i use the package supply by rak. so i have an other location where i find the file :
~/rak_common_for_gateway/chirpstack/chirpstack-application-server.toml

Could someone can explain me wich users have to modify the config file? where i can find the file and the best practice to have a clean install.

thanks for four help.

This command prints a config file for you, it does indeed does not show you the location of the config file. Please see Configuration - ChirpStack open-source LoRaWAN<sup>®</sup> Network Server

I’m not using the RAK packages and I can not help you with this. But in the end, the configuration file could be located anywhere. E.g. there are a couple of default locations where the ChirpStack binaries will search for configuration, but you can also specify your own path by using the -c CLI option.

Thanks to reply.
I have resolved my problem by copy-past the config file on the website and adding a new location file.

For me the problem comeing from that i have to use this configuration tricks in the previous version of chirpstack and with the new update …i supose i lose this configuration path.
So i redo qnd hop this time i will remenber that for the next upgrade. lool

Could i suggest to :
Print somewhere the path to the config file? or if this one is not in the default paths.
I’m not a expert in linux system. but is there a way to know by who the services chirpstack is started?
and with which configfile???
something like : systemctl status chirpstack.services Or in the log.
give : "chirpstack sarted from user XXXX with the configfile located here : … "

Particularly if the services is launch by a sudoer account or by the root account. wich modify the $home directory.

in all case i’m surprising every day by the power of your application. Thanks again and I wich you the best for the following.

Hi!
How can I print the current configfile of the different services?
Where are their locations?

Usually the location is /etc/chirpstack-.... e.g. /etc/chirpstack-application-server/chirpstack-application-server.toml.

You can print the configuration template using the configfile sub-command of each service. See Configuration - ChirpStack open-source LoRaWAN<sup>®</sup> Network Server for more info.