Configuration for Working with Multiple Regions and Channels in ChirpStack V4 Gateway Bridge

Hello everyone,

I’m currently exploring ChirpStack Gateway Bridge configuration and have a question regarding how to enable multiple regions, specifically working with US915 and AU915 in channel groups 0 and 1.

My question is, how should I adjust the topic templates (event_topic_template and command_topic_template) to efficiently achieve this? Is it necessary to modify these templates for each region I want to enable? Or is necessary to work with different chirpstack-gateway-bridge.toml for each region

Here is my configuration

Integration configuration.

[integration]
marshaler = “protobuf”

[integration.mqtt]

Event topic template.

event_topic_template = “au915_0/gateway/{{ .GatewayID }}/event/{{ .EventType }}”
event_topic_template = “au915_1/gateway/{{ .GatewayID }}/event/{{ .EventType }}”
event_topic_template = “us915_0/gateway/{{ .GatewayID }}/event/{{ .EventType }}”
event_topic_template = “us915_1/gateway/{{ .GatewayID }}/event/{{ .EventType }}”

Command topic template.

command_topic_template = “au915_0/gateway/{{ .GatewayID }}/command/#”
command_topic_template = “au915_1/gateway/{{ .GatewayID }}/command/#”
command_topic_template = “us915_0/gateway/{{ .GatewayID }}/command/#”
command_topic_template = “us915_1/gateway/{{ .GatewayID }}/command/#”

[integration.mqtt.auth]
type = “generic”

[integration.mqtt.auth.generic]
server = “tcp://127.0.0.1:1883”
username = “”
password = “”

Any suggestions or corrections to my approach?

Thanks for the help!

Here’s a previous discussion on the topic:

I think you will need to run a Gateway Bridge per region.

I recommend running Gateway Bridge on the gateway for a number of reasons (now preferring ChirpStack MQTT Forwarder with v4), but that may not be viable for every use case.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.