Configuration of ChirpStack OS on a Lite Gateway

Hi all,

recently I started to setup and use a Lite Gateway (Raspberry Pi + ic880a). I installed the provided image of the gateway OS. After some tries the concentrator was detected and I was able to run the gateway with the predefined configuration.

Today I wanted to add a timestamp with the fake_rx_time=true value. But it looks like the file modified with ‘sudo gateway-config’ (/etc/chirpstack-gateway-bridge/chirpstack-gateway-bridge.toml) is not the file that is later used as configuration file.
I added the fake_rx_time=true line here, but when running ‘sudo chirpstack-gateway-bridge configfile’ a completely different configuration file (where fake_rx_time is set to false) is printed out.

What am I doing wrong? From where is the configuration loaded?

Thanks in advance
Klaas

Hey guys, no idea?
Any help is welcome :slight_smile:

Please not that you could specify a -c argument. ChirpStack Gateway Bridge looks at different locations for the config file (see documentation). The one used by the daemon is /etc/chirpstack-gateway-bridge/chirpstack-gateway-bridge.toml. Use the chirpstack-gateway-bridge -c /etc/chirpstack-gateway-bridge/chirpstack-gateway-bridge.toml command to make sure you are loading the correct file.

Thanks for the response!

Even if I run chirpstack-gateway-bridge -c /etc/chirpstack-gateway-bridge/chirpstack-gateway-bridge.toml and check with chirpstack-gateway-bridge configfile in parallel, I will get a different configuration printend then the one in /etc/chirpstack-gateway-bridge/chirpstack-gateway-bridge.toml

Can you tell me where the daemon looks for the file by default? Sorry, can’t find it in the documentation…

Please see: https://www.chirpstack.io/gateway-bridge/install/config/#configuration-file.