Deactivation of device

@pulidoj Thank you for that. Why would the Gateway be deactivating?
Thoughts?

Please let me know as I have tried many things at the moment.

Hi,

For the gateways you have two things:

• We usually should be able to setup in the gateway the frequency that it sends a stat message to the server. This usually is between 20-30 seconds.
  • If Iā€™m not wrong, if you use the Semtech gateway bridge, you have the following parameter in the config file:
  # Keep alive will set the amount of time (in seconds) that the client should
  # wait before sending a PING request to the broker. This will allow the client
  # to know that a connection has not been lost with the server.
  # Valid units are 'ms', 's', 'm', 'h'. Note that these values can be combined, e.g. '24h30m15s'.
  keep_alive="30s"

So Chirpstack compares the last stat connection of the gateway and this value to consider active/inactive.

If you set up for instance 4-5 minutes for stats messages and 30 seconds for keep_alive, most of the time the gateway will appear as disconnected.

Hi @pulidoj,

I am using concetratord not sentech, only semtech uses that unfornately. Do you have any knowledge in regards to why this would happen when using Concetratord? I apologise for the late response as well.

@brocaar please when you get a spare moment, can you let me know your thoughts on this matter:

@brocaar how does a gateway using concentratord gateway bridge. What is the logical equivalent for the keep_alive variable that @pulidoj was talking about. So what determines if the gateway is active/inactive for a concetratord gateway bridge. Please let me know. Thank you.

@brocaar last messages sent before the gateway just stops:

It deactivates at many given points. Seemingly random: