Help testing ChirpStack v4 (test releases)!

In the latest version you will also find a new “device metrics” feature:

With the payload decoded by the codec function in the device-profile, measurement keys are automatically detected and stored in the device-profile measurements configuration tab (or you can add them yourself). The only thing you then need to do is select the measurement-kind and to give it a user-defined name, such that ChirpStack can aggregate the data for you. If no measurement-kind is selected, this feature is disabled (default behavior).

The purpose is not to turn ChirpStack into a complete dashboard solution and beat tools like Grafana, ThingsBoard etc… The scope of this feature is to provide simple visualization to help with initial testing and POCs :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve uploaded new test images:

2 Likes

This is looking great @orne! Awesome job. Whats the timeline for a final release?

it’s like you can read our minds This is awesome and exactly what we will use for PoC’s moving forward!

What about docker user.?? That is my docker setup…

That is gateway os not the stack in docker. latest tag I see is test7

HI @orne

I was just wondering how you configure a gateway to be in a different region.

Whilst we are in EU, we have a partner in New Zealand. We added the gateway, but the region still says EU. It is not apparent where to change the region?

Can you advise?

Thanks

I managed to change the region, and I think I understand now. If one is to have multiple regions, do we simply need to create another gateway bridge and add it to the stack and then point the gateway at the associated bridge?

Hello!
Is there a way to disable frame counter validation for ABP devices? Although this is not good practice, it would be great for development and debugging.

Any hint where to place uplink_dwell_time_400ms configuration in 4.0?

I tried to put it in the region toml but is not being picked and sent by chirpstack

[[regions]]

name=“au915_1”
common_name=“AU915”

uplink_dwell_time_400ms=false
downlink_dwell_time_400ms=false

you 0 the frame counters on the device page and click on reactivate device.

1 Like

Please see these diagrams explaining the two possible options:

• Separate MQTT brokers
  • Use the region topic prefix

https://www.chirpstack.io/docs/architecture.html

1 Like

You must put it under [regions.network]

3 Likes

Let me check, this config is available but the UI components in the web-interface might be missing.

Edit: Fixed in Add missing isDisabled and setSkipFcntCheck switches (UI). · chirpstack/chirpstack@cfb4290 · GitHub

1 Like

Hi everyone :blush:

I am agree with you my problem is solved.I am very happy. I am share this thread with my brother who wants also know about this Help testing ChirpStack v4 (test releases)! - #35 by brocaar.

Have a nice day to all the members :innocent:

are the keys the same? I tried putting them there and still no mac message is sent.

When I click Generate certificate in the MQTT integration, there’s an error saying “Read mqtt ca_cert”. How to get this working?

Please see this documentation to set this up: Mosquitto TLS configuration - ChirpStack open-source LoRaWAN® Network Server documentation.

Hi,

I’ve done that as well. I’ve tried that, also on multiple paths too, but the error still shows up, which means it failed to read right? https://github.com/chirpstack/chirpstack/blob/96fe672fc7790b4321b3729bbf70b3e6318db83f/chirpstack/src/certificate.rs#L122

i was part-way through an initial deployment on V3 and decided i’d cut my losses and start again in V4 rather than face imminent migration. It is so good!! And more intuitive. And so far no real rough edges.