Join Request and Join Accept loop

I have been trying to install gateway bridge in the multi tech conduit and couldn’t install it. I have been getting a list of error. Can someone help me out with this?

tried to install with sudo?

@Dragon_Fly Thank you. I purchased a multitech gateway in US which operates at 915 Mhz. Currently this gateway is being tested in India. I started the server installation from the scratch. Should the network band be changed in loraserver.toml file.

Please find the attached screen shot for your reference.

Yes the lora-gateway-bridge configuration part is easy. But before that you need to set the packet forwarder work in that range as well. You need to select the appropriate configuration for the packet forwarder, which should be something like global_conf_EU868.json.
To do that delete default global_conf.json, copy global_conf_EU868.json as global_conf.json. Modify and set the server parameters accordingly. Here the major problem is about MTAC device will support 868/865Mhz or not. India uses 865Mhz, your device is 915, if you enable 865 from config, will it work or not, thats the question, you need to try. 868-865 conversion is ok, 915-923 is ok, but I don’t think 915->865 can work, better try …

Thank you for the response. This is what i am thinking of doing.I am not going to change the gateway frequency. It will be not modified and will be 915 Mhz. The loRa server on the other hand when installed by default comes with EU_863_870.I will try to change it to 915 Mhz and test it out. Does it make sense if not can you please correct me?

With some other servers not matter what the initial configuration is, the server handles 865 … 923 gateways concurrently, you just set the gateway’s region once and it’s done.
I did not understand loraserver/loraserver.toml to have LoRaWAN regional band specification inside, it may be a default region declaration. I only assume that this server will be able to handle all gateways from different regions in the same time as well. In your case if you’ll use only single region than I guess your test will be ok.I did not try it with 915Mhz.

@Dragon_Fly Sure thanks a lot. In this link it has been clearly given about the loraserver.toml file.
https://www.loraserver.io/guides/debian-ubuntu/.

Currently am getting this information in the (app server)Gateway tab. But still i am unable to view the last seen in the Applications/devices tab. I have a LoRaWAN GPS tracker turned on right now

Have you registered the devices to your application as OTAA? Your devices send join requests so you need to register them to your application as OTAA enabled devices.

I have enabled OTAA option but still i still get the response as join request. In the above image “f8af24ffff30ea78” is the GPS tracker i have currently turned on. But in devices tab the last seen of this device is still n/a.

Try journalctl -u loraserver -f -n 50
and
journalctl -u lora-app-server -f -n 50
Observe the results from both terminal views and try to figure out why the join requests are rejected.

In the Lora web interface I have been asked to select the LoRaWAN MAC version when creating device profiles . Is there a way to find the MAC version?

Also once device has been added, i have been getting log in the lora server sayin invalid data-rate. Can you tell me where to change this setting?

Please check the answer above. If you have the MCU code of the endnode than it may be clearly understood from LoRaMac.c inside MAC layer.

I think you should do the extra channel configuration for your endnode. Please check loraserver.toml, and also from your Appserver’s UI check Gateway-profiles section, if needed you may configure the extra channels for your gateway as well.

Thanks. As you suggested i sorted that out. But still the device isn’t activated. Can you please help me out with this setup? Please find the below image for your reference.

@Dragon_Fly Hi. I run the same setup today and was able to get some up link data in the Gateway LoRaWAN frames.

After this what should be expected from the end device? Also when will the JoinRequest comes from the end device…

Good to see you activated them, well the rest is about the capabilities of your device. For instance I have some metering motes that try to rejoin the network every 2 days. They perform some actions with some defined commands inside them (Clear alerts/open close valve etc). For your case you need to know all features of your device and work on it’s features I guess. My devices send OTAA join network requests when I show them a specific card or within each 2 days period.

The Join Request is very random and it doesn’t come from the devices at regular interval. For instance if i turn on the device it takes about 20 to 30 minutes to get the join request and sometimes within few minutes. Is it like that or is there some kind of configuration?

Also the time interval between two join requests is also very random.

As far as I know join request depends only on the mote itself. We operate OTAA that way on the field. Join request can be sent by the MCU code itself whever needed. If the MCU already received NSK - APP Key’s than it may choose not to re-register itself even though you reset the device. But I need to underline, my knowledge is quite limited about LoRa.

By the way I now realize that your device is probably being rejected, that’s why it keeps sending join request again and again. I think you should observe the logs carefully by journalctl :
journalctl -u loraserver -f -n 50