Live LoraWan Frames not being recieved

Hey Guys,

Question. Should I be receiving Live LoraWan Frames if I have only one gateway connected and we have no end device set up yet. I would assume you would be able to see the Live LoraWan Frames but it shows nothing as seen in the picture below:

Please see Connecting a gateway - ChirpStack open-source LoRaWAN<sup>®</sup> Network Server.

Hi @brocaar, thank you for you response. Sorry for the delay in reply. I have a question should I still be receiving live lorawan frames even though my end device is not sending data. So for example, do the basic gateway statics show up in the “Live LorWan Frames” section. Because my MQTT broker is receiving information from the Gateway Bridge but my “Live LorWan Frames” section does not show it. Please see below for image of MQTT broker communication with gateway bridge:

Should I be seeing this packet in the “Live LoraWan frames” section?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Hello @marcoaerlic,

The LoRaWAN gateway traffic that you receive on “Live LoRaWAN Frames page” provides your information with the LoRa traffic in Gateway environment.

LoRaWAN gateway will forward all the LoRa uplink from the physical layer to LNS. Whereas, LNS will forward the device data to Application server, only if the device possess a valid Network session key.

Best regards,
Chay Tholeti.