LORA-BRIDGE install on dragino gateway

HI friend, i was following the instrucction of this video (part1) to setup loraserver, I install the lora-gateway-bridge, loraserver and lora-app-server in mi pc whit ubuntu, however in the second video (part2), the author install the lora-gateway-bridge in a raspberry as gatweay, my question are two:

1. In the gateway we must install again the lora-gateway-bridge, loraserver and lora-app-server ?

2. I am use a dragino gateway that use OpenWRT, I can install the the lora-gateway-bridge, loraserver and lora-app-server with this linux distribution that uses opkg instead of apt ?

1. You are not required to install any of the products in the Gateway. You may work with packet forwarder in gateway (Semtech Packet forwarder) that forward Lora-Wan packages to the gateway-bridge in pc. This is thew way I’m currently working with Kerlink gateway.

2. Documentation recommend to install gateway-bridge in the gateway ( “It is advised to run LoRa Gateway Bridge on each gateway itself, to enable a secure connection between your gateways and your server.”) The gateway-bridge ing gateway will convert Lora-wan framesto mqtt and then forwarded directly to Loraserver in pc (bypassing the gate-way bridge in pc). However there is no ready made package for dragino gateways (see installing LoRa Gateway Bridge on the gateway.)

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, i will try to do waht you say.