LoRa Server Installation on CentOS

Hi,

I am unable to install LoRa server on CentOS due to unavailability of apt. While searching for the LoRa Server package via ‘yum’ we are unable to find any relevant links.

Kindly assist as to how can the LoRa server be setup on CentOS.

Currently I do not provide .rpm packages (for yum). This topic could be helpful:

https://forum.loraserver.io/t/how-to-install-lora-server-in-redhat/1129

Thanks @brocaar

We will be removing centos and installing on ubuntu :smiley:
Consider this topic closed.

Hi,
am just new to Lora and LoraServer.io forum and I went through an install of it on Centos 7 as this is what we deploy out in the field.

If anyone is interested I have created a wiki of how to install LoraServer.io on Centos 7. I have converted it to PDF. Is there any way to attach it?

Also I will work on providing this via a repo going forward.
Thanks
Gary

Hi Again,

okay, just read the forumn and PDF are not allowed. I have converted the PDF to png and will upload.

There are 7 image pages e.g lora-server-install-centos-3, lora-server-install-centos-4.png.

Hope this helps.
Gary
I have concatenated all images of instruction into one long image.

Hi!

The image you linked only shows the first three steps of the prerequisite software installation.

I’m forced to develop LoRa Server on CentOS 7, which I have no prior knowledge of, so this guide would really make my day.

Could you re-upload this so that the whole guide could be viewable.

Thanks
Abel

1 Like

Hi Abelo,

sorry about that, I tried to upload the pdf but these are not allowed, which is a shame.

The conversion must have went wrong. please find attached the full instructions.

Thanks
Gary

1 Like

Hey!

Thank you mate! This is a great guide!

-Abel

No problem,

I intend to create a rpm for this at some stage. If you need any help let me know, but the guide has been tried and tested many times.

Gary

1 Like

Note that adding rpm to this list https://github.com/brocaar/loraserver/blob/master/.goreleaser.yml#L33 (same for the .goreleaser.yml in the other repos) might already do what you need :slight_smile:

Hi @brocaar,

I have not used go before (Only Java) but it may work. The only issue might be the configuration of the firewall on Centos and the specific version of PostgreSQL required as the default Centos version is too old for your dependencies. You find Centos packages tends to be a lot of version behind the latest out there.

I will pull down the repo and build to see. If not successful I could provide config for your deployment server to host rpms, which would get populated from your build.

Will keep you posted how I get on.
Gary

Hi, this instructions work’s with loraserver 3.0.2 ? Or not ?

Thanks a lot,

Thomas

Hi Thomas,
Currently only test with version 3.0.0

I have not looked at the change logs in 3.0.2 to see if there maybe something that would cause an issue

You could give it a go and see if it works with it.

Thanks
Gary

Hi Thomas,

Checked the change logs of version 3.0.2 and it looks good. The install should be ok.

Thanks Gary

hi @ohagangt,

The installation looks to work. However the systemctl enable loraserver, lora-app-server and lora-gateway-bridge does not work because the service does not start at startup … Do you have an idea? Because I do not understand the problem at all.

Thank you

What version of CentOS are you using?

hi,
CentOS 7.6

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

can you check that the servie scripts are executable, i.e. chmod +x

Gary

hi,
Yes, it’s executables…

Thomas

Does it start when you manually do it via:

sudo systemctl start loraserver

then check it is running.
sudo systemctl status loraserver

Please check to ensure in your loraserver.service file property:
ExecStart=/opt/loraserver/loraserver
is pointing to the correct location of where you installed the loraserver

I have installed multiple times and the services work. Check the syslog to see if there are any errors in there that may help.

Gary