Loraserver to Chirpstack

Loraserver to Chirpstack

Server: Ubuntu 18.04.2

In advance, apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere. I looked through the many many threads on this forum and cannot find a direct answer.

1. How do I check what version of Loraserver I am running?
  2. Where can I find a detailed step-by-step on how to upgrade from Loraserver to Chirpstack.

I looked at many threads and I find bits and pieces here and there which begin to confuse me. I read that going from loraserver to chirpstack is simple and will update all the old files and names and even transfer the databases over. But I do not want to mess this up.

Can anyone provide a detailed step by step on going from loraserver to chirpstack. It would be greatly appreciated. I believe I already messed up one of our Tektelic Micro gateways trying to follow the instructions on the “Installation” page and can no longer get it to register on our current loraserver. I do not want the same to happen to our NS and AS. And I cannot lose our data.

Thank you in advance!

I also need to mention that I currently do not have the lora-gateway-bridge on this server. But will need to install it with the NS and AS.