Multitech integrate with chirpstack

Hello,

I am integrating the multitech gateway with chirpstack and has the first step I have setup the chirpstack server by following the below document.
++++++++
https://www.chirpstack.io/project/guides/debian-ubuntu/

And on the next step I am installing the packet forwarder on the multitech gateway.

Multitech - ChirpStack open-source LoRaWAN® Network Server

But after installing the packet forwder it shows succesfully installed
++++++++++++
root@mtcdt:~# opkg install lora-packet-forwarder_4.0.1-r5.0_mtcdt.ipk
Ignoring preferred package lora-packet-forwarder 4.0.1 due to held package lora-packet-forwarder 4.0.1.
Package lora-packet-forwarder (4.0.1-r26.0) installed in root is up to date.
++++++++++++

But after start the service I am not able to see the service.
++++
root@mtcdt:~# /etc/init.d/lora-
lora-network-server lora-packet-forwarder
++++
/etc/init.d/lora-packet-forwarder-ap1 start
These service is not seeing on my multitech.

I am using mLinux with MTAC-LORA-H-915
Kinldy Assist me on these

You need to first remove the packet-fwd from multitech (if you wish)
As far as I know it works with the gateway-bridge, so you dont have to change anything. There might be some configuration to be made (global.json and local.json if i remember correctly) - If you are using MLinux, which I assume you do, you are best served at multitech.net (search for packet-forwarder)

The gateway-bridge should be configured with “semtech_udp” and the ports specified in the toml should also be the same as in the packet-forwarder configuration.

That is why I recommend to re-flash the gateway (see the docs to which you are linking). This way, there will not be any conflict between installed packages. You could also uninstall the installed packet-forwarder and install the packet-forwarder as described by the ChirpStack docs. However you might run into issues as I don’t know what other config is already present on your gateway. Again, that is why I recommend to re-flash the gateway so you start with a fresh gateway setup :slight_smile: