Need a bit of help - processing rx packet error

v0.26.1

level=error msg="processing rx packet error: get device-session error: device-session does not exist or invalid fcnt or mic" data_base64=QHhWNBKAjQCXn+5GGRqxl

Hi, I am relatively new to LoRa and I need some help to get my setup running, I am sorry if this is the wrong place. Now, before you close my issue and direct me where this has already been answered, let me tell you that I have read those threads and they did not help.

Join Method: ABP

I have created a device in the lora-app, took the generated device address, NetworkSK, AppSK and put that configuration in my test node.

When I send a packet from the node, I can see loraserver receiving it from the gateway-bridge but it seems like it cannot process/decode/decrypt it for some reason.

What I have tried(because the error message mentioned something about the frame counter being out of sync with the node) was to create a new node and disable the frame counter. This didn’t change much and loraserver still emits the same error.

Help is very appreciated :).

( I have also looked into the byte order of the addresses )

1 Like

This question has already been asked a couple of times. Please see: https://forum.loraserver.io/search?q=invalid%20fcnt%20or%20mic.