OTAA Join Issues

I am using ChirpStack on a Raspberry Pi 4 in an RAK7244. My device uses the Murata ABZ module that I am programming with the ST Micro firmware version 1.0.3. I am having two OTA join problems.

The first is that when I make a join request, ChirpStack answers back so quickly that my device does not yet have the receive window open. It misses the join acknowledgement. Other gateways I have wait a bit later in the 5-second window to respond, so I have no problem with them. What adjustment can I make in ChirpStack to fix this?

The second issue is that ChirpStack seems to only be responding to join requests on channels 5 and 6 (as viewed from my device). My device is sending some join requests on channels 0 through 4 and channel 8, which are all being ignored. Where should I start to get a handle on the US915 channel configurations?

Thanks,

Keith

Please note that ChirpStack responds immediately with a downlink, but that the TX information of this downlink contains a delay of 5 seconds. The gateway will then send it exactly after 5 seconds.

The second issue is that ChirpStack seems to only be responding to join requests on channels 5 and 6 (as viewed from my device). My device is sending some join requests on channels 0 through 4 and channel 8, which are all being ignored. Where should I start to get a handle on the US915 channel configurations?

This sounds like it is not being received by your gateway, in which case you have to confirm that the gateway is properly configured.

brocaar:

Thank you for your help. As I understand what you are saying, I need to look a the RAK gateway configuration. I will poke around in there for a bit and find out what is configured wrongly.

Keith