[release] ChirpStack Application Server v3.11

Eugenev

Thanks. You mean for postgres? don’t think that is the problem, since chirp talks to the db (see below). I have the following line for this

dsn=“postgres://chirpstack_as:dbpassword@localhost/chirpstack_as?sslmode=disable”

Did noticed that there are some changes in the toml file (toml.dpkg-dist), so I applied these, but still not working

"starting ChirpStack Application Server" docs="https://www.chirpstack.io/" version=3.11.0
"storage: setting up storage package"
"storage: setup metrics"
"storage: setting up Redis client"
"storage: connecting to PostgreSQL database"
"storage: applying PostgreSQL data migrations"
"storage: PostgreSQL data migrations applied" count=0
"integration: configuring global integrations"
"integration/mqtt: TLS config is empty"
"integration/mqtt: connecting to mqtt broker" server="tcp://localhost:1883"
"integration/mqtt: connected to mqtt broker"
"integration/mqtt: subscribing to tx topic" qos=0 topic=application/+/device/+/command/down
"api/as: starting application-server api" bind="0.0.0.0:8001" ca_cert= tls_cert= tls_key=
"api/external: starting api server" bind="0.0.0.0:8080" tls-cert= tls-key=
"api/external: registering rest api handler and documentation endpoint" path=/api
"api/js: starting join-server api" bind="0.0.0.0:8003" ca_cert= tls_cert= tls_key=
"finished unary call with code Unauthenticated" ctx_id=1d1a6074-7d5a-4729-8bd3-a8c5aedf52f2 error="rpc error: code = Unauthenticated desc = authentication failed: get token from context error: no authorization-data in metadata" grpc.code=Unauthenticated grpc.method=List grpc.service=api.OrganizationService grpc.start_time="2020-07-22T…" grpc.time_ms=0.435 peer.address="127.0.0.1:44136" span.kind=server system=grpc
"finished unary call with code Unauthenticated" ctx_id=87a62add-14dc-4817-b386-b02dde3b1d33 error="rpc error: code = Unauthenticated desc = invalid username or password" grpc.code=Unauthenticated grpc.method=Login grpc.service=api.InternalService grpc.start_time="2020-07-22T…" grpc.time_ms=3.993 peer.address="127.0.0.1:44132" span.kind=server system=grpc

Please try with a clean browser cache. As the username has been renamed to email, it could be that you have the old version of the web-interface cached and the email field is missing in your login request.

1 Like

brocaar

Thanks that did it. I had tried several browsers, which I use normally, so I didn’t thought of that. Was thinking it was a problem with the data, since there was no username in the Users / admin window. It coincided with my wanting to change the user name from admin.

If anyone has the same issue, the first field should read Username / email . Any chance of putting an alert when something like this happens. You do a great job with chirpstack, but don’t keep up with the change logs :blush:

Thanks so much for your all your effort and great work

1 Like

So to provide backward compatibility, we need to track the chirpstack application server version in order to use /api/internal/login with “username” & “password” fields or “email” & “password” fields. This is not a good practice I think.

This is not a backwards compatibility issue, this is a browser cache issue. The above issue was due to the web-interface cached at the client side, while the fields expected by the backend changed. You can control the cache behavior if you are using a proxy (e.g. NGINX).

The use of the /api/internal/login endpoint was never encouraged because it is for internal usage and the API might change over time. I recommend to use the API tokens which you now can generate in the web-interface :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback @brocaar . Your time and effort are greatly appreciated!

@brocaar just to mention, on a fresh setup there is an issue, login admin/admin, then unable to change password due to "invalid email’
So we can’t use anymore admin user (because we can’t change the password and it’s not secure)

So now first thing to do, rename admin user, then change password :slight_smile:

The username admin is there for backwards compatibility but indeed, the username field has changed to email and is validated as an email address (so that you can integrate with an OpenID Connect backend).

@brocaar

I am using the latest AS and NS and trying to configure the Gateway Configuration.
On Certificate Tab I have seen the below note.

This certificate must be configured on the gateway

Do we need to install chirpstack-gateway-bridge at the Gateway?

where can I configure gateway certificates in the gateway?

Thanks

If you want to use this feature, then yes as the generated TLS certificate is per gateway id. Please note that you must also configure tls authentication in your mqtt broker (e.g. mosquitto).

ChirpStack Application Server v3.11.1

Improvements

• Update Kafka configuration parameters so that it is possible to integrate with Azure Event Hub.

Bugfixes

• Fix setting LoRa Cloud DAS Modem port default value.
1 Like

That helped me. :smiley: Thank you! Hammering CTRL+F5 was enough to fix it.

Hii @brocaar

Gateway Live Frames and Device Data and Live Frame is not showing properly in this version, Some frames are missing due to closing the WebSocket connection issue.

We have tested with the previous version of Chirpstack Application Server and it’s working fine

Chirpstack Application Server Logs

time="2020-08-24T12:00:17Z" level=warning msg="[write] error writing websocket message: write tcp 172.23.0.9:8080->192.168.0.3:52059: i/o timeout"
time="2020-08-24T12:00:17Z" level=info msg="finished streaming call with code Canceled" error="rpc error: code = Canceled desc = context canceled" grpc.code=Canceled grpc.method=StreamFrameLogs grpc.service=api.GatewayService grpc.start_time="2020-08-24T11:59:41Z" grpc.time_ms=36443.703 peer.address="127.0.0.1:43288" span.kind=server system=grpc
2 Likes

@brocaar

Any update on above comment

Same problem Here :slight_smile:

3.12.0 has a fix for the websocket timeout:

1 Like

Hello, i’m sorry but i’m in 3.12.0 and still have the problemCapture|690x59

1 Like

Are you using a proxy server or load-balancer? If yes, could you share the configuration?

i am not using any proxy server or load-balancer, we have configured chirpstack-server using docker.

You can check above my docker logs

Hello, no proxy or load balancer, just chirpstack installed on debian directly. only a router between me and chirpstack-application-server. Lan to Lan

1 Like