Small clarification needed on CS Gateway mesh

Alright. It works now. Looks like I accidentally damaged SPI traces on the pcb, so concentrator was not getting reset on startup via reset pin. Stupid reason, I am ashamed :slight_smile: I assembled another one and both test gateways are working fine now.
Many thanks to the team who worked on this feature!

1. Border gateway shows up in Gateways sention as online
  2. Relay gateway (no internet) shows up in Gateway Mesh

I have small problem now. I selected the “Ignore direct uplinks” to test the Relay gateway, but I still see uplinks on the Border gateway. How I can test it indoors, I have all my nodes and test GWs in one room…

Did you check the uplink in the Events tab for the device? If it is a relayed packet, you’ll see your Relay Gateway ID in the metadata for the border gateway

Many thanks @John_A
I can see the relay ID in some of the uplinks, while others are from the Border gateway itself (without relay). So "Ignore direct uplinks” did not quite work in my case. But I can survive with that, as long I can distinguish the relay uplink from the decoded data itself.

Btw, in Relay Gateways, if often shows up as Offline, but in reality is is up and running. Is it same for you? Maybe because I changed the “Name” column?

It does show offline for a short period if you change the name in Chirpstack /Gateway Mesh/Relay Gateways.
I haven’t seen an issue with the border gateway transmitting direct uplinks if you tell it to ignore them though. Maybe do uci show to see whether the parameter set correctly?

yes I noticed that if I give it a custom name, it shows as “not seen yet” or something like this, and then after some time it appears online. But this time it has been showing offline for several days.
Perhaps there is an option to purge the Relay gateway registry manually?

For the uplink ignore on border GW, I have disabled and enabled it back again, let’s see if that helps.

1 Like

gents, so I guess my last concern on this topic would be: Is it possible to reset the Relay ID table manually? because I still see the Relay GW offline, but in reality it is online and I am receiving uplinks from there.