Solicit ChirpStack/LoRaServer Success Stories

Hello,

Could anyone share some success stories of ChirpStack/LoRaServer deployment in production? (or any unsuccess story as well :slight_smile: )

What’s the maximum devices and gw numbers?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Are you interested in positioning implementation ?
I have implemented three LoRa Gateways and conducted geolocation experiment for indoor environment.
For received signal strength (RSSI) -based experiment the accuracy was around 30 to 40 meters, but for such low cost and low power consumption hardware it is considered good according to general evaluation.
The Time Difference of Arrival (TDOA) method, the results were not actually encouraging because I was not able to recieve fine time stamps from the level of nanosecond precision according to hardware limitations. (of course there are much more details if you are interested)
regarding network implementation and receiving messages it all worked very well following the open source project; the lora project. there was only a few changes in the configuration files I made and in the sketch of the arduino board.
if you have any specific questions please contact me and let us see if I can help.

While I can’t give you specific details due to customer NDAs, we have been using ChirpStack (fka LoraServer) for almost two years now, for a number of private LoRaWAN network deployments. The networks vary widely from just a few gateways per site with several hundred devices to large-scale networks with over 100 gateways per site, supporting tens of thousands of active devices. I have found ChirpStack to be highly reliable and always improving.

5 Likes

Thanks Eric. That’s encouraging! We are evaluating couple LoRaWAN solutions and need real world examples to convince management.