V3 to V4 using docker

Hello, the migration tool has a tutorial for docker? It is possible to migrate, or it is only with native install? The docummentation did not refer to it. Thanks.

Most likely you could run it using Docker, but I have not tried it and I do not have documentation for this.

How can we migrate a Chirpstack 3 server that has been installed according to the ‘Getting started’ to Chirpstack 4.

This is important to us because we have several servers that are currently running on Chirpstack 3 and which we want to migrate to Chripstack 4.

Is this possible with a Docker-compose install?

The v3 to v4 migration utility reads from the v3 databases and writes into the v4 databases.
You have to make sure that the utility can connect to these databases and you should be good to go.

Hi, works fine with docker, it was a matter of exposing the ports used by docker.

Hi there,

I’m facing the same problem trying to do a v3 to v4 migration in a docker environment. @hcosta49 could you please provide more details how you got the migration script to work? Which ports need to be exposed?

Thanks in advance!

Same problem here, could you please give some details how to do so ?

For other docker users, i successfully migrated with the following procedure.

• Create container for upgrade - eg. latest debian base, and mount configuration volumes of both cs3 and cs4 containers.
  • wget latest package from Releases · chirpstack/chirpstack-v3-to-v4 · GitHub and extract.
  • create new network for upgrade (assuming no other common network is used). docker network create tempnetwork
  • connect all chirpstack postgres containers, and the upgrade container to this network docker network connect tempnetwork $CONTAINERNAME
  • run the migration utility, as shown in the readme repo, pointing to each of the config files that were mapped to the container.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.