Validate dev-nonce error

Hi @NULL1
clear dev-nonce button on Activation Tab

Go to device details page → Go to Activation Tab → Clear DevNonce Button

Is there a way to read the last dev nonce value for selected device? Preferably from postgres console without pgAdmin (database accessible from localhost only)?

Reason is that I had two devices out of gateway’s reach for almost a month, so I would like to check how the devices firmware handled that situation.

Never noticed there is a button to do that :sweat_smile:
Thank you

1 Like

Ok, found it:

# Connect to postgre terminal:
sudo -u postgres psql

In postgre terminal:

-- Connect to network server database (v3):
\c chirpstack_ns
-- List records for DevEUI = 0123456789abcdef:
SELECT * FROM device_activation WHERE id IN (SELECT id from device_activation WHERE dev_eui = '\x0123456789abcdef' ORDER BY id DESC) ORDER BY created_at DESC;
-- Or list all records:
SELECT * FROM device_activation ORDER BY created_at DESC;
-- Quit postgres:
\q

Hi,
I had the same issue with “Validate dev-nonce error”. Clearing the database with both web-interface and with SQL command did not solved it.

1. Devices with APPEUI : 0000000000000000 - join was succeeded.
  2. The Error came up with device with APPEUI which is not 0000000000000000. i could not config the APPEUI at this device to 0000000000000000. allowed values are 0000000000000001 -FFFFFFFFFFFF .

After downgrading to following versions :
chirp-application-server 3.17.3
chirp-network-server 3.15.3
chirp-gateway-bridge 3.13.1

JOIN was succeeded and there was no “Validate dev-nonce error”.

Hi,

I turned off my gateway for a few days, when i turned it on, every end node sucessfully join the server except the one that was having problems 2 months ago. Its a LT-22222-L, class C etc, and already worked for a few days.
Soo, join request after join request, already cleared DevNonce from Web Interface and manually from database. At “Device Data” field, nothing is shown, so I really don’t know what error is.
Anyone can help me? I’m getting very frustrated with this end node, all of them worked for the past 4 months without any error.

Reboot the end node to rejoin.

Hi datnus,

Thanks for your help.
I already rebooted the end node and gateway several times and still the same.
Any other suggestion?

Thanks.

Can try AT+FDR for factory reset via UART cable.

running chirpstack 4.3.2, I have this error on a node that had many activations.

1. I cannot find the button described in this thread for resetting the devNonce, and the query in this thread must refer to another version, as that table is not in my chirpstack database.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

thanks

Deleting the device and then re-entering the device info seems to have resolved this, or I got lucky and this device address was not used.

I would still like to be able to find where this is stored so that I can empty the list if needed.

Peter

You can find this button on the OTAA keys page:

You got further than I did. Have two of these (LT-22222-L) and never got anywhere getting them to join. One step away from trash can :-/

My LT-22222-L works fine and reliable.

Connect uart cable to the node and double check the frequency plan in the node.