Where is the application server user name stored

I have just upgraded the chirpstack software with apt on a RPi 4.
It appears to be working OK, but I can no longer log in to the browser interface. I was using the default admin/admin logon, but that no longer works.
Where is this held? Or is there a way I can register a new user?

Thanks
Alan

Good question

I tried to copy my Docker container over to a 2nd host, to have a running backup. (Prior to the V4 upgrade soon) Have copied the complete directory where the docker-compose files and the config is stored. No problem to rerun and have a fresh system. Copied the content of postgresdata and redisdata, but no way. Still the admin:admin acount is active an no gateways…

Seems not so easy…

After playing around, reading and testing some postgres command, i was able to dump the databases on the production v3, copied them to a dir inside the postgres container and restored the db there. And voila. Everything theems to be back. (My gateways and devices) Now the next step is to upgrade that testsetup to v4. Don’t know how, while running in docker.

Some kind of:

Backup Database

generate sql:

• docker exec -t your-db-container pg_dumpall -c -U your-db-user > dump_$(date +%Y-%m-%d_%H_%M_%S).sql

to reduce the size of the sql you can generate a compress:

• docker exec -t your-db-container pg_dumpall -c -U your-db-user | gzip > ./dump_$(date +"%Y-%m-%d_%H_%M_%S").gz

Restore Database

• cat your_dump.sql | docker exec -i your-db-container psql -U your-db-user -d your-db-name

to restore a compressed sql:

• gunzip < your_dump.sql.gz | docker exec -i your-db-container psql -U your-db-user -d your-db-name

The restore worked only inside docker. Bec. he won’t read the dump file…

1 Like