Which tab is the one for creating a device in the API webpage?

I thought it was in DevicesService post /api/devices but I can’t create one, it’s either telling me that object already exists or that object doesn’t exist.
What I’m trying to do is to add a new device to an application that I’ve already created.

You have the correct endpoint but probably wrong fields or data. The expected json looks like this:

{
  "device": {
    "applicationID": "string",
    "description": "string",
    "devEUI": "string",
    "deviceProfileID": "string",
    "name": "string",
    "referenceAltitude": 0,
    "skipFCntCheck": true,
    "tags": {},
    "variables": {}
  }
}

When you get the “object already exists error” you’re probably sending an already taken devEUI. On the contrary, when you get “object doesn’t exist”, you’re probably passing an applicationID or deviceProfileID that doesn’t exist.

Thanks for your answer !
Well for the application ID, I put it right, but for the deviceProfileID, I wanted my device to have the same device profile as one that I’ve already added, so I put that deviceProfileID, which is probably making it not working. Should I create a new device profile for every new device I want to add?

No, that’s not it, any amount of devices may share the same device profile. It’d be better if you show us exactly how your requests look like and the errors you get with each alternative.

1 Like

This is what I get when I try to create a device with an existing deviceProfileID

Okay I understood, I wasn’t taking the correct ID, I was taking the ServiceProfile one.
Thanks for your help anyway!