16 channel gateway in EU area

Hi,
if I’m not mistaken, in EU are available 8 channel for LoRaWAN communications. So what can be the benefit in adopt a 16 channel gateway in this area? I realized the opportunity to use two directional antennas but with two omni I can’t understand how can be useful.
Thanks

To make full-duplex communication.

This means that when the gateway is trasmetting a downlink message, it is still available to receive uplink from devices on others channels? In this case to be compliant with regulations, the duty cycle of the gateway is doubled due to the presence of two transceiver, or it is yet just one device and so still 1%?
Thanks

Pls. refer to the chip specs. on which LoRa-gateway based. If You talking about SX1301, yes it has 2 trancievers.

Is the Multitech 16-Channel Outdoor Gateway (MTCDTIP-LEU1-270L-868) with the SX1301 already supported by the Chripstack Gateway Bridge?

“The packet format of the LoRa V2.1 is not backward-compatible with the LoRa V1.5 packet format. Therefore, packet processing at the server layer (which sends/receive packets to/from LoRa gateways) fails for V2.1 packets if the code has not been upgraded to handle them. Our MultiTech server code has not been upgraded yet, and therefore cannot be used to process LoRa V2.1 packets.”

Reading this in the Multitech docs I’m afraid not, right?