API Error Requesting Frames for Device - Out of Range

I have a functioning install of the LoraServer with a Multitech gateway and some endpoints talking to it. I can see frames coming into the MQTT server successfully using MQTT Spy, but whenever I try to view the frames in the app server UI, I repeatedly receive an error that reads “rpc error: code = OutOfRange desc = EOF (code: 11)” and no frames are returned. I tried running the API directly through the Swagger and receive the same issue.

I have set the jwt_secret in the lora_app_server.toml and have verified that I can use the JWT that is returned when I log in with other the other APIs.

This is installed in AWS running their Ubuntu AMI. The network server, app server, Redis, Postgres, and Mosquitto are all installed on the same server.

Any help will be very much appreciated!

Could you post the versions of LoRa (App) Server?

Lora-app-server version 0.20.1
Loraserver version 0.26.1

I went ahead and updated to the 20.2 and 26.2 versions, but no change in the behavior.

Upped the lora-app-server logging to debug and I’m seeing the following message over and over.

time=“2018-05-11T15:44:46Z” level=info msg=“finished streaming call with code Unauthenticated” error=“rpc error: code = Unauthenticated desc = authentication failed: jwt parse error: token is expired by 20h0m25s” grpc.code=Unauthenticated grpc.method=StreamEventLogs grpc.service=api.Device grpc.start_time=“2018-05-11T15:44:46Z” grpc.time_ms=0.321 peer.address=“127.0.0.1:54969” span.kind=server system=grpc

It’s possible there’s a client connected to the ui that’s gone idle on another machine, but I did a stop and start on both the lora-app-server and loraserver to possibly purge any existing connections.

I took the token that I received from using the login API and decoded it at jwt.io. The payload looks correct with the nbf and exp dates looking valid.

I’ve validated that there are no extra clients trying to call this API, so the issue must be in the lora-app-server itself.

Is there any other configuration I need to do besides the JWT-SECRET?

Dear dsulfridge,
Do you solve this issue?I meet the same issue. and i really need your help!thanks so much!!

Hello brocaar,
I meet the same issue. Could you please give me a help with it? Thanks so much in advance !!

i am also facing same issue in latest version of application server