Apt-get update command not found Loraserver OS

Firstly I downloaded one of the OS here https://artifacts.loraserver.io/downloads/lora-gateway-os/raspberrypi/raspberrypi3/3.0.0test2/ I changed the type to .iso and booted it to SD card. It worked now I can open it via Putty

But I can’t do apt-get. What is the problem? And I want to make a RAK833 gateway, which one should I choose for the RAK833 here

Thanks

This is a Yocto-based Linux distribution, apt-get is a mechanism specific to debian-based distributions like Ubuntu or Raspbian.

What specific capability are you trying to add via apt-get?

And I want to make a RAK833 gateway, which one should I choose for the RAK833 here

Choose the RAK831. You’ll need to jumper your RAK833 to SPI mode (if I recall, there’s a pin you have to ground) then it is basically the same as a RAK831 only with a different pinout and without some of the pins that expose optional internal signals for monitoring. Realize of course that you need to put it in something that can expose the SPI pins - I don’t believe using it in USB mode will be supported.

For that matter there is not much difference between these and the other options. The RAK2245 option presumably imposes a low SPI clock rate, you’ll want to make your SPI connections as short as possible but if there is any question about their length you might chose that.

You mean like that?
Now change the reset pin to the correct one used by this hat:
sudo nano /etc/default/lora-packet-forwarder

reset pin

CONCENTRATOR_RESET_PIN=22

Probably something like that, but since you haven’t specified how the RAK833 is connected to the pi, no one can really tell you if you’ve correctly identified the pin its reset line is connected to.

If you are using a pre-made adapter board (“hat” or “shield” or whatever) the documentation of that would probably specify it, otherwise you’ll have to trace the wiring and find a listing of the PI GPIO names corresponding to header pins.

It is connected to the pi like this

Since that is not any sort of technical documentation, you’ll have to consult the manufacturer of that adapter board to find out what BCM GPIO to use.

It’s quite possible your current guess is already right, but if things do not seem to work reliably (particularly if restarting the packet forwarder seems flakey) it is definitely something to research.

Hi,

Take a look into this page for some details of the allocated I/O.

https://circuitmaker.com/Projects/Details/Craig-Peacock-4/RAK833-LoRaWAN-Concentrator-Hat