Assign Gateway to specific Organization

Hi Brocaar, hi all,

is it possible to assign a gateway to one specific application. Or will this be planned in future?

So that sensors from one application have their dedicated gateway and can not send through a gateway from another application if that is in their range.

Thanks.

No, this is not possible. Maybe this could be implemented in the future per organization level, but I don’t think I will implement this per application. I don’t have any plans yet to work on this.

Thanks for your answer.

Actual I can add per organisation different gateways (I don’t see gateways from other organizations). Does this mean, I can receive lora-messages via Gateway 1 (from organization 1) in organization 2?

Yes, that is correct. Gateways are shared across the whole network.

ok.
Do you think this is a useful feature for the next release?

It would be great if you implement this per organization. I think it is more organized and two different LoRa-areas can be managed separately, but in the same server-instance.

I agree this could be useful, but it is not on my current backlog. But I’m looking forward to proposals how this could be implemented, in case somebody would like to implement this :slight_smile:

This would be nice. As a workaround for now, I can delete and re-add the gateway. If it fails, I just post the original again.

There’s a disparity between the title and what the original post asked for, but organizations can already have specific gateways assigned. And organizations can be disallowed from having gateways at all.

1 Like

Hi, is this something that is on the roadmap? Or is it officially decided to not implement?
Thanks!

I think this is very usefull feature.
I have 2 organizations, each with own gateways, which are near to each other.
One organization uses class B devices, which require GPS to be presented on all gateways. Another organization installed a gateway without GPS support. Sometimes class B devices uplink through this no-GPS gateway and later unable to receive downlinks.
Another case is if one organization installs a gateway with wrong time, it will disturb class B communication of another organization devices.

1 Like

Hi @vitaly

You can use the Private Gateway feature in v4

2 Likes