Buffer if connection lost

Hey,

I usually configure my Multitech gateway on eth0 with the sim card in failover mode. But i was wondering if it’s possible to set up a buffer on the gateway in case of connection lost. I am not asking how to configure the gateway but i would know if there’s no technical limitation with mqtt and chirpstack if the gateway forward previous IOT data to the server.

Thx in advance :slight_smile:

Both the Gateway Bridge and the MQTT Forwarder support queueing messages when disconnected, if they’re a.) run on the gateway and b.) configured with QoS set to 1 (or higher, but 1 recommended).

Thanks for the answer. I get what Qos is , but for me it’s more an ack if some paquets are missing. But i d like to know what happens if i lost internet during like 10 minutes. Because i guess that any gateway will store all the iot data during these 10 minutes and send them back to the server when the connection is back

Hi ThibautL,

I have the same question here. How can we store the measurements in case of failure of the gateway? I was thinking about a kind of ring buffer deployed in the ESP32 device itself, but I never thought about doing that kind of thing in the gateway realm.

Regards,

Eduardo Bastos