Build Chirpstack Gateway Os for Rpi4

Hello,

I am trying to understand how to build Chirpstack Gateway OS for Rpi4. The manual here GitHub - chirpstack/chirpstack-gateway-os: Yocto based gateway images including ChirpStack components. is pretty clear but in conf I am unable to find the proper target.

I was also reading the forum in the repo and found next article (ChirpStack Gateway OS Images for RPi4 and CM4 do not boot (v3.5.1 and v3.5.0) · Issue #81 · chirpstack/chirpstack-gateway-os · GitHub) from which I understand that it is possible to generate the correct image for RPI4 CM4 module (I understand that officially it is not supported). However from the topic I could only find the final image to use on the board.

Is there an instruction how to prepare needed configs to build the image for the rpi4 target?

Raspberry Pi 4 (as well the CM4) is supported by bcm27xx_bcm2709. Thus you would follow the instructions from the repository and switch to this configuration:

# For the base image
make switch-env ENV=base_raspberrypi_bcm27xx_bcm2709

# For the full image
make switch-env ENV=full_raspberrypi_bcm27xx_bcm2709

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.