Certificate issue : invalid peer certificate contents

Greetings,

I’ve been encountering an issue with connecting to a host via HTTP Integration, even though I’ve verified that it has a valid certificate. I’ve ensured that the server where ChirpStack is running can access the host without reporting any certificate errors using OpenSSL.

The log contains the following error message: “… error trying to connect: invalid peer certificate contents: invalid peer certificate: UnknownIssuer …”

I’ve received the certificate from GoDaddy and I’ve added gdig2.crt.pem, which can be found in GoDaddy’s certificate repository, to ca-certificates.conf. Afterward, I ran updated-ca-certificates.

When I execute OpenSSL with the s_client flag, providing my host details and the path to the CA certificates, the certificate and issuer appear to be valid.

Here’s a trimmed version of the output:

CONNECTED(00000003)
depth=2 C = US, ST = Arizona, L = Scottsdale, O = "GoDaddy.com, Inc.", CN = Go Daddy Root Certificate Authority - G2
depth=0 CN = *.<mydomain>
Certificate chain
 0 s:CN = *.<mydomain>
   i:C = US, ST = Arizona, L = Scottsdale, O = "GoDaddy.com, Inc.", OU = [GoDaddy repository link], CN = Go Daddy Secure Certificate Authority - G2
Server certificate
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
<redacted>
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
subject=CN = *.<mydomain>
issuer=C = US, ST = Arizona, L = Scottsdale, O = "GoDaddy.com, Inc.", OU = [GoDaddy repository link], CN = Go Daddy Secure Certificate Authority - G2
Verification: OK
closed

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on how I can resolve this issue?

I’ve also ran awk -v cmd=‘openssl x509 -noout -subject’ ‘/BEGIN/{close(cmd)};{print | cmd}’ < /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt | grep GoDaddy
which returned the following …
subject=C = US, ST = Arizona, L = Scottsdale, O = “GoDaddy#dot#com, Inc.”, CN = Go Daddy Root Certificate Authority - G2
subject=C = US, ST = Arizona, L = Scottsdale, O = “GoDaddy#dot#com, Inc.”, OU = Repository, CN = Go Daddy Secure Certificate Authority - G2

so it looks to me like I’ve got the appropriate issuer certs loaded

Have you tried with the latest ChirpStack version (v4.4.0)? It contains a fix related to TLS.

Thanks! We were using 4.3.2. Confirmed we are good 2 go! :raised_hands:t4:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.