Changes coming to ChirpStack

Hi guys,

I am new with CS. I want to run the CS with AS923_2 band by Docker-compose (as in the guide). Please help to confirm if these step are correct:

See Configuration - ChirpStack open-source LoRaWAN<sup>®</sup> Network Server for a full

configuration example and documentation.

[integration.mqtt.auth.generic]
servers=[“tcp://mosquitto:1883”]
username=“”
password=“”

[integration.mqtt]
event_topic_template=“as923_2/gateway/{{ .GatewayID }}/event/{{ .EventType }}”
state_topic_template=“as923_2/gateway/{{ .GatewayID }}/state/{{ .StateType }}”
command_topic_template=“as923_2/gateway/{{ .GatewayID }}/command/#”

• Import import the TTN lorawan-devices
  • Execute docker-compose up

Is it right or do I need to change anything to run CS that support AS923_2 devices?

Hey brocaar, just moved over to v4 finally… trying to add a new enabled region we can use here, but had to make it up ourselves - but maybe I am missing a step here as I keep getting the error unknown variant error.

I have created a region_au931.toml file, add it to chirpstack enabled regions array.
(I run this in docker if this makes a difference).

*** I think i may have worked it out, I changed the common name to AS923 ***
i dont think lora alliance has spec’d out this plan yet, but it is new list opened up for telemetry in australia.

This is not possible. You must use one of the already implemented common-names. This configuration can not be used to add new ones.

Ok thanks mate. I managed to get it past this point - but haven’t flashed any devices or mappers to test it out yet.

Hello Is the Roaming now implemented, if yes, what changed compairing to v3?

Hello.
I’m using docker config under linux and Chirpstack V4 stopping working after random amount of time (10 min - 6 hours). No log errors just no reaction at all but the gateway container works fine.