ChirpStack Gateway Bridge hangs on Dragino LG308

Hello,

after installing the package (chirpstack-gateway-bridge_3.10.0-r1_mips_24kc.ipk) and adapting the toml file, the service is started via

/etc/init.d/chirpstack-gateway-bridge start

as described. The process then also runs with a high load, but does not open any ports. There are also no messages in the log.
Also the start by hand

/opt/chirpstack-gateway-bridge/chirpstack-gateway-bridge -h

does not produce any output and only causes high processor load (75…98%).
I just reflashed the LG308 because it had the same effect with the older firmware. The version now is lgw-5.4.1610176959 / Build Sat Jan 9 15:22:39 CST 2021 .
Does anyone know the problem and a solution?

Hi,

I also have the same problem.
Can’t even get the chirpstack-gateway-bridge binary to report it’s version.
Hardware: LG308 Firmware: lgw-5.4.1609393379

I’ve got 10 of these gateways to deploy, so keen to get a resolution.

Regards

Matt

Hi,

I installed the older version 3.8.0 of the GWB, and everything is working correctly.
chirpstack-gateway-bridge_3.8.0-r1_mips_24kc.ipk

Matt

Please note that the LG308 is is a very memory and CPU constraint gateway. Probably the (initial) CPU load is because I had to compress the ChirpStack Gateway Bridge binary to make it fit on the flash storage.

works for me. Thanks a lot. (The earlier test with version 3.9.0 had also failed.)

Regards

Jan

I’ve built myself the package for the LPS8 (which is supposed to be the same hardware as the LG308). Maybe it’d help anyone. Please check it here https://github.com/brocaar/chirpstack-gateway-bridge/issues/174#issuecomment-1080947309

Thank you, that works.

The start script still needs to be created and adapted, as it is not created and the binary is now under
/usr/bin.

Furthermore:

chmod 755 /etc/init.d/chirpstack-gateway-bridge

/etc/init.d/chirpstack-gateway-bridge start