Chirpstack - kubernetes

Hi guys
I need to deploy the chirpstack project on kubernetes,
could anyone share the kubernetes yaml file please ?

We are started with https://github.com/brocaar/chirpstack-docker and built our Helm charts from there. We can’t share those verbatim, obviously.

okey,
is there any way to copy the chirpstack toml configuration files from my local machine to pods with the kubernetes yaml file ?
thanks in advance.
–> Modification : nerver mind, i managed to find the solution.

Hey I am trying to do this now for my organisation. I know it was a long time ago, but if you could share how you solved it and deployed successfully I’d really appreciate it.

@Jake_Murphy here are some examples (sanitized) for deploying to kubernetes https://github.com/JohnRoesler/chirpstack-kubernetes

1 Like

@John_Roesler Responding to this as I realized I never did. Really appreciate your response. Your repo has been tremendous help.
By chance have you set up Mosquitto on Kubernetes as well? I have tried going with a flat deployment file, but my instance keeps going into CrashLoopBackOff state. Tried adding a configMap as well (based off your example) with the name mosquitto.conf, but that doesn’t seem to be working.

Hey @Jake_Murphy,

I have EMQX deployed given the lack of cluster support by Mosquitto. I have been meaning to get some example configs uploaded for that as well and I’m also working on a blog post going through the whole process.

1 Like

Shameless plug on a Helm based deployment.

We are not deploying mosquitto thou. If anyone would like to work on the gateway-bridge part it would be nice :slight_smile:

Hey,

Sorry for the late reply, you can find my github repository here

Hello @Mekrache,

i am currently writing my bachelor thesis and a beginner in using kubernetes. I got a question regarding your github repository and i hope you can help me. I have implemented ChirpStack on a Kubernetes Cluster and for further tests on Minikube too, using your yml files. But i can not open the URL for the Web UI locally. It says:

curl: (7) Failed to connect to 192.168.49.2 port 30001 after 0 ms: Connection refused

Firewall already disabled, so no restrictions. I get the same message with every URL and port i am trying. I already got the clue that the port forwarding to the container doesn´t work?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards
Joshua