chirpstack-OS | OpenWRT | Basic Station

Hello,

Anyone working over chirpstack gateway OS?
Need help regarding configuring LoraWAN Gateway to AWS console with LNS as well as basic station mode!

1 Like

The ChirpStack Gateway OS does not provide the Basics Station forwarder. It only provides a Semtech UDP Packet Forwarder compatible interface + ChirpStack MQTT Forwarder.

Thanks for response!

So using these available utilities can I connect gateway to AWS IOT core ?
and that too along with authentication !

Please guide regarding authentication while connecting gateway to LNS !!

Hi,

Waiting on this for your response!

Can you please clear confusion that does this chirpstack OS support Basic station mode !
If not can I make it possible anyways using basicstation repos available on github ?

My requirement is …

1. Basic station
  2. Authentication to network server
  3. integration with AWS in LNS or CUPS

The scope of the ChirpStack Gateway OS is to make it work with ChirpStack. The Basics Station is at this moment not supported as it can not work together with the ChirpStack Concentratord.

2 Likes

You are marking this specifically for chirpstack only ? or irrespective of any Concentratord!!
What if I am using another Concentratord ? i.e. RAK ? still it’s not supported ?

Please note:

• Concentrator = a SX1301 / 2 / 3 or 2.4 GHz concentrator module (manufactured by RAK, Dragino, Semtech, …)
  • Concentratord = ChirpStack software component, to interact with a concentrator module and to provide a generic ZeroMQ API to the ChirpStack MQTT Forwarder and ChirpStack UDP Forwarder

Technically speaking, the MQTT Forwarder and UDP Forwarder (Semtech UDP Packet Forwarder compatible) are front-ends for the Concentratord component and you could create a Basics Station compatible front-end too. See also:

https://www.chirpstack.io/docs/chirpstack-concentratord/index.html

Using this architecture, it is easy for me to maintain a many different concentrator modules of different vendors as all the vendor and module specific config (e.g. pins, calibration values, …) is managed by the Concentratord, see: Hardware support - ChirpStack open-source LoRaWAN® Network Server documentation

However, this does not work with the Semtech Basics Station as it does not work with the Concentratord. Somebody would need to write a Basics Station compatible front-end for the Concentratord to make this work within this architecture.