ChirpStack server on rpi don-t work without internet access

Hi everyone.

I was testing my LoRa server on my pi, and discover if the pi doesn’t have internet access, the gateway doesn’t work. I’ve update the time of the pi to my local time (because, when i shutdown the pi the time stay at the last value) and can’t receive any data from the gateway. What can go wrong? when i want to enter on the chripstack embebed netwotk, when i go to my app and enter on the app, it show an error

jurnal from network-server:

mar 10 12:50:55 rak-gateway chirpstack-network-server[469]: time="2020-03-10T12:50:55-03:00" level=error msg="gateway: handle gateway stats error" ctx_id=b75ebba3-a87e-4a3f-860e-6b9aba6803d8 error="get application-server client error: get application-server client error: create application-server api client error: dial application-server api error: context deadline exceeded"
mar 10 12:50:55 rak-gateway chirpstack-network-server[469]: time="2020-03-10T12:50:55-03:00" level=warning msg="creating insecure application-server client" server="localhost:8001"
mar 10 12:51:00 rak-gateway chirpstack-network-server[469]: time="2020-03-10T12:51:00-03:00" level=error msg="uplink: processing uplink frame error" ctx_id=b127261e-7332-4c4c-8f5a-4c59530e4653 error="get application-server client error: create application-server api client error: dial application-server api error: context deadline exceeded"

Regards

1 Like

I had the same problem in context deadline exceeded (code: 2).

This happened when I tried to add a network server, so I changed localhost: 8000 to 127.0.0.1: 8000 and the error disappeared, allowing me to create a network server, but the problem is still there when I use journalctl -f -n 100 -u chirpstack-network-server.

Maybe just changing to 127.0.0.1 will work for you.

If it works, give feedback, because it hasn’t worked for me yet :confused:

Good luck

I realiced that the problem was using the eth0 with DG and DNS server and the same for wlan0, so when i was using both of them, the Rpi givme that error when i wanted to enter on localhost:8080 and the network-server doesnt work. After i deleted the DG and DNS from my eth0 (because i use wifi to get internet access) it worked well.

I hope you can fix your issue.

Best regards

I’m glad you solved your issue. It sounds very similar to mine here: Rest API will not allow me to add devices if no WiFi . I am pretty new to networking on the pi. When you say “After i deleted the DG and DNS from my eth0 (because i use wifi to get internet access) it worked well.”, did you do this in the /etc/dhcpcd.conf file? Can you share this?

I need to set up a cellular gateway which has a static ip and dns servers. Everything works fine with I have it connected to local WiFi, but the connection between the network server and application server seems to get messed up without it.

Hey jamesod.

Yes, when i mean that i deleted the DNS and default gateway of the Iinterface that i don´t use for connect to internet. You can set IP and MASK for both but only one need to have DNS and DG.

Regards