Chirpstack UDP Packet Forwarder Release Cycle

Hi! My team is interested in using the Chirpstack UDP Forwarder (GitHub - chirpstack/chirpstack-udp-forwarder: UDP packet-forwarder for the ChirpStack Concentratord.) for one of our projects. Are there any plans to have a similar release cycle as the other Chirpstack projects with pre-build binaries available? Or would building from source be our only option?

Thank you

It looks like releases are being cut on a regular cycle, but (as noted) premade packages are not being built:

I have no idea if packages are planned, but you should at least be safe to build them based on the release tags and have some confidence with the level of testing.

At this moment, I indeed do not provide pre-compiled binaries as within a ChirpStack architecture, it is not really a mandatory component. If you would be using the Concentratord, then most likely you want to use this with the ChirpStack MQTT Forwarder, not the UDP Forwarder.

The UDP Forwarder is nice however if you want to connect your gateway to other networks. For this purpose it is integrated in the ChirpStack Gateway OS. However, I do not provide pre-compiled binaries for other gateways (yet).

That being said, it is a maintained component so there shouldn’t be any reason to not use it in your project :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.