Cloned chirpstack application server repo, trying to run it with docker-compose yml but not succeeding

I wanted to run the application server after cloning from there, GitHub - brocaar/chirpstack-application-server: ChirpStack Application Server is an open-source LoRaWAN application-server.

There already have Dockerfile and docker-compose.yml files where everything is configured.

I just used

docker-compose up

to run the project.
Isn’t it should run? or is there anything else to do? No documentation is available for docker.

please don’t refer me to > Introduction - ChirpStack open-source LoRaWAN<sup>®</sup> Network Server their documentation, I finished reading.

Problem is, all the other containers successfully run’s but the application server container exists with (0).

FYI:
Ports are not in use.
don’t have any issue with docker.

Those are source repositories used for building the ChirpStack services. If you want containers you can pull and deploy, you want the chirpstack-docker repos:

Docker - ChirpStack open-source LoRaWAN® Network Server documentation (v4)

Quickstart Docker Compose - ChirpStack open-source LoRaWAN<sup>®</sup> Network Server (v3)

1 Like

Thank you for your replay.
but,
I need to modify some minor things. For example, color, logo, etc
only containers not helping.
the repo
chirpstack GitHub - chirpstack/chirpstack: ChirpStack open-source LoRaWAN Network Server
application server GitHub - brocaar/chirpstack-application-server: ChirpStack Application Server is an open-source LoRaWAN application-server.
causing the same problem.
but when I’m using chirpstack-docker , runs fine. but that repo doesn’t have the repo that I want to edit or something like that.

Please note that this workflow is a lot easier with ChirpStack v4! With v3, you have to do a bit more work to setup the full stack using the development environments. With ChirpStack v4, this is now all integrated in a single repository.

E.g. a git clone of the v4 repository and a make test-server will compile everything for you and provide you with a fully functional test setup :slight_smile:

I believe that is within the chirpstack-docker repo. The make test-server exists in this repo: GitHub - chirpstack/chirpstack: ChirpStack open-source LoRaWAN Network Server.

It will compile the UI + server source-code and start the test-server.