Communication issue between chirpstack version 4.8 and basicstation during FUOTA fragmentation session

Hi,

I have been using chirpstack version 4.4.2 (docker) as LNS and Semtech Basicstation on the gateway. I was able to establish communication with end devices for normal activities as well as FUOTA.

Recently I have started using chirpstack version 4.8.1 (docker) as LNS. The usual uplink and downlink communication with the end devices are working fine. But when I was testing FUOTA, the multicast group creation and multicast class C session are successful and the end device was successfully switched to class C. But during the fragmentation session, the the firmware update data fragments are not getting enqueued from chirpstack to the gateway which is running basicstation (Transmission logs are not showing on basicstation). I am using basicstation 2.0.6 with sx1302 concentrator for US915 region and chirpstack-fuota-server for this process. Has anyone tested chirpstack-fuota-server with the latest version of chirpstack (docker)?

Hi,

I have the same issue.Everything appears to be normal.I see that frame-counter is increasing on application->multicast->configuration page.But there is any data related data-fragments neither on device->queue nor end-device side.

Please note that the Basics Station enforces the duty-cycle control. This means you can’t sent two downlinks directly after each other. You might need to tweak the interval between multicast downlinks.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.