Configuring ChirpStack V4 to Subscribe to One MQTT Broker and Publish to Another

I’m currently working on a project that involves integrating ChirpStack v4 with MQTT brokers, and I have a specific requirement. I would greatly appreciate any guidance or insights from the community.

Requirement:

I need to configure the ChirpStack server to subscribe to MQTT Broker A and publish the received events to MQTT Broker B. Essentially, I want to forward device data from ChirpStack to another MQTT broker.

Questions:

1. Is it possible to achieve this using ChirpStack’s built-in features?
  2. If not, what would be the recommended approach for implementing this forwarding mechanism?

Any advice, examples, or practical steps would be highly valuable. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

I’m not sure as I’m not expert in the subject, but it’s seems that looking at the Chirpstack architecture that’s not possible directly.

However, as long as you don’t care to also publish events in your broker A, then it should be possible to bridge two instance of mosquitto, I personally never had done that, but I know is possible, you can find several guides in google.

In worst case scenario you could always do a little forwarding script that get the jobs done, but I think that could be a little inelegant (functional though)

1 Like

This can easily be done through the MQTT integration.

You only need to change the “server=” line in the [integration.mqtt] section of your chirpstack.toml to the address of your remote broker.

1 Like