CUBE-LRWAN 1.1.5 - Invalid Mic with Mac version > 1.0.2

Hi,
I am facing a strange behavior (at least for me :slight_smile: ) with some of my end nodes. I have some nodes built on top of RFM95W radio with a STM32 MCU. The LoRaWAN stack is implemented using the I-CUBE-LRWAN 1.1.5 software expansion provided by STM32 using sx1276mb1mas project.

Currently, I can correctly receive the packets coming from my end nodes, only if I use a LoRaWAN MAC version lower than 1.1. If I select as device profile one with LoRaWAN MAC version >= 1.1, the packets coming from the end node are rejected as “msg=“processing uplink frame error” data_base64=” … " error=“get device-session error: device-session does not exist or invalid fcnt or mic”.

What is strange, is that with the same firmware, but with a different radio (i.e. using a murata CMWX1), I can correctly receive the packets using a device profile with LoRaWAN MAC version = 1.1

Any Idea about why this is happening?

Thank you.
Matteo

Are you sure I-CUBE-LRWAN 1.1.5 implements the LoRaWAN 1.1 protocol version?

I have checked the release notes, and it is actually using the LoRaMac-node 4.4.1, implementing LoRaWAN specification 1.0.2" and "LoRaWAN Regional Parameters v1.0.2rB.
That’s explains why with a device profile with LoRaWAN MAC version = 1.1 messages are rejected.

I still wondering how/why the messages coming from the other nodes are accepted, while those from the RFM95 radio are not, with the same firmware, using LoRaWAN MAC version = 1.1

The original https://github.com/Lora-net/LoRaMac-node project recently supports the murata module or the B-L072Z-LRWAN1 board.

So using this project you can test LoRaWAN 1.1 on B-L072Z-LRWAN1 board.