Does ChirpStack MQTT Forwarder Stop Device Events?

I am attempting to configure ChirpStack MQTT Forwarder (not the integration) and now my Application Device Events are not showing up.

Prior to attempting to configure the MQTT forwarder they were Application Device Events were showing.

There should not be any difference once payloads get into ChirpStack. It sounds like the MQTT Forwarder is not (yet) configured correctly and you’re probably dropping data.

Brian, thanks for your reply.

The MQTT F is certainly not configured correctly. This stuff is hard!

So why wouldn’t the CS OS be getting the sensor data?

Before without Mqtt F I was receiving events, but now that I attempt to add a Mqtt F that blocks them?

I would have thought the the mqtt f happens after the events were received.

Thanks for any clarification you can give.

It was not clear from the original post that you were using ChirpStack OS. Is your gateway part of the same device, or separate? What were you using to connect your gateway and MQTT prior to attempting the MQTT Forwarder?

I’m not a user of ChirpStack OS, but I believe this configuration is supposed to be pretty easy via the GUI?

So I have a RaspPi with a Seeed SX1302 board.
Installed Full Chirpstack OS.

It is really hard to describe because there is ChirpStack and then there is the ChirpStack Application!
I am trying to configure the Mqtt Forw in ChripStack, on the left menu below.

In this case, the only thing you should have to do is configure the ChirpStack Concentratord to match your shield model + region. The rest is all pre-configured.

See also:

https://www.chirpstack.io/docs/chirpstack-gateway-os/getting-started.html#configure-concentratord