Does ChirpstackV4 support passive roaming activation?

I found how to set up a roaming server agreement based on NetID, which would route traffic based in devaddr, but I can’t find how to set up a JoinEUI/AppEUI in the roaming.server configuration, so that join-request are transmitted to the other roaming server, is it possible or not yet implemented?

Such feature is not (yet) available. According to the specs, the fNS does a JoinEUI > JS lookup, and then sends a HomeNSReq query to the JS of this device.

I’m accepting a pull-request for adding a per roaming-agreement list of JoinEUIs as a bypass in case you (or somebody else) would like to add such feature :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@brocaar

I’m accepting a pull-request for adding a per roaming-agreement list of JoinEUIs as a bypass in case you (or somebody else) would like to add such feature

This seems a very practical approach.

Reading the Backend Interfaces 1.0 3 Specification is like wading through treacle … So apologies for this a follow up question does CS v4 support the reverse of what your proposing e.g. can it be a sNS [Serving NS] ?

Thanks.

I do not fully understand your question. Could you further elaborate on this?

Hi sorry not being clearer, I find the terms and use case in Backend Interfaces spec and the Roaming Hub TR10-1.0.0 a little too confusing which is a limitation on my part!

I hope this clarifies, We wish to peer with a 3rd party who has LoRaWAN radio coverage in an area we don’t. May be best I start a new thread.

Thanks

Yes, ChirpStack can be both the fNS as sNS when setting up a Passive Roaming configuration.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.