Downlink sent on chirpstack but only once

Hello,

I use Raspberry pi 4 and Rack 2247 SPI as Gateway, Lilygo Ttgo32 as node, and LMIC_NODE Library which is used. I’m using Frequency on the AU915.

on the chirpstack website, the gateway is online and the node is running, but the downlink is only once and is not sent again.

in the log lorawan_frames chirpstack application looks like the image below.

configuration in chirpstack-docker-chirpstack-gateway-bridge like this :

[integration.mqtt.auth.generic]
servers=["tcp://mosquitto:1883"]
username=""
password=""

[integration.mqtt]
event_topic_template="au915_0/gateway/{{ .GatewayID }}/event/{{ .EventType }}"
state_topic_template="au915_0/gateway/{{ .GatewayID }}/state/{{ .StateType }}"
command_topic_template="au915_0/gateway/{{ .GatewayID }}/command/#"

Why did this happen ?, has anyone experienced the same thing as me?
Please help.
@ brocaar
Thank You.

I think your question needs more context. If you enqueue a downlink, then it is expected that it will only be sent once, because after sending it it will be removed from the queue. If the queue is empty, there might be an initial downlink for mac-commands and once completed no further downlinks are required.

Is it necessary to do the downlink command manually? if so, is it done on the node or on the gateway?

If you have anything to send to the device, then you enqueue a payload, which will be sent as downlink at the next downlink opportunity. If not, then it is perfectly fine that you will only see an uplink in case of UnconfirmedDataUp payloads.

thank you for your answer.

Yes, it’s true that we only see the UnconfirmedDataUp payloads status. How do you make the uplink and downlink processes run normally.
Is there any configuration that we need to adjust?

I’m not sure if I understand what you mean.

If there is nothing pending in the queue, there is no acknowledgement required and there are no mac-commands to send to the device, it is normal that there are no downlinks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.