Dragino DLOS8 & LGT-92 GPS Tracker

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience setting up the Dragino DLOS8 & Dragino LGT-92. I have things “talking” and can see my gateway is active in ChirpStack GUI as well as the LGT-92 tracker, however, I am only receiving uplink Join Requests when I look at the device data for the LGT-92 or “data: null”.

I am in the US915 band on sub-band 2 ([8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 65]). From what I can tell all of my configurations are correct in the ChirpStack config files. I realize this is not much to go off but, hoping someone can get me pointed in the right direction. If anyone needs more info please let me know.

P.S. I should mention I am a total noob when it comes to this.

Have you ever tested another device ?
I would like to know if your chirpstack network is running ok

Hi @Harry_Maybourne

First of all you have to know the Join process to know if everything is working ok.

• You must have a Device profile created to work in OTAA mode.
  • Your device must be assigned to this OTAA device profile.

Then, when you switch on the tracker device this should happen:

• The device makes a Join Request to the server. This is a request to the server in order to see if it accepts Joining or not. At this point the device does NOT send any useful information, just wants to Join to the server.
  • If the device is registered on the server, the server sends back a Join Accept.
  • The device must receive this Join Accept and process it.
  • If ok, then the device will start to send Data Uplinks with useful Payload.
  • If the device does not receive or not recognise the Join Accept, it will continue to launch Join Requests to the server.

You can track Join Request and Join Accept on LoRaWAN frames tab of the device and also on Gateway.

Have a look and let us know.

1 Like

Did you get it working? I’m about to order the DLOS8 and a few of the Dragino sensors.