Dragino LoRa Iot kit with Chirp Stack

Hey @HakimJacob
Try updating the firmware and then register the gateway on TTN first to make sure it works. This is what I did. My gateway is the LG01-N

Hi @pulidoj,

could you please tell me how can I disable ADR ?
from toml file ?
and another question what do you suggest for upgrading my Archeticture ?

Regards,

Hi,

Well, you have different options depending on what you want to do:

• You can disable ADR on the Network Server .toml file but it means that your server won’t change ADR through any gateway you connect to it, even if it is a 8 channel.
  • You can disable ADR on your end-devices using the 1 channel gateway so these end-devices won’t ask the server to adjust their ADR, and then you can connect any other 8 channel gateway to the same Network Server enabling ADR through them.

LG01 is ok for testing purposes, and the Kit is good to see different end-nodes, but not for production projects.

What do you mean by upgrading your architecture?

Hi @pulidoj,

Thank you for your message.
So far i have implemented a private iot server for lora nodes and gateway. it supposed to make lora nodes send temp&humi data to the gateway and in its turn forwarding data to the Server in order to present all data on dashboards And maybe storing these data in database by intgeration using influx DB.

Am I able to upgrade it or make something else? do you have any idea?

Best regards
Moshawa

I am working on it.

hi @Rick,

I wonder in which scenario you are working with LG01-N ? because I also have maybe the same system.

Regrads

Hey @MoShawa
It’s just an experiment to test lora sensors and push the data to a custom dashboard for data visualization. I want to buy a multi-channel gateway because the LG01-N is a single channel.

I do not know how to change it. can you please guide me?
I tried to change it from Application server UI, but no luck.
and changing from Network servere it seems a bit of complicated cuz my .toml file is simple and shorterend and does not contain commands like: “ADR_disabled= false”

Regards

Hi @MoShawa,

This parameter is on network-server .toml file, in the section

# LoRaWAN network related settings.
  [network_server.network_settings] 

# Disable ADR
  #
  # When set, this globally disables ADR.
  disable_adr=false

You can take a default .toml config in https://www.chirpstack.io/network-server/install/config/

Related to upgrading your system, actually, you have a LoRaWAN network running, with some nodes sending data to it.
From the part of LoRa/LoRaWAN, that’s it. You are using all the needed components to make it work.

You can use now other different nodes or other different gateways, but at the end it is just info sent to your Chirpstack Server.

Now, the questions is:

• What do you want to do with data from nodes?

You can build an Application platform where all data are collected and create a beautiful Dashboard to show data.
Here you may have a lot of work playing with data: visual charts, reports, alarms, machine learning jobs…
If you are reading a water meter, you could use data to bill at the end of the month…

Or maybe you are not so interested in data but in learning more about Chirpstack and LoRaWAN. In this case you should try to learn the meaning of every parameter of LoRa, test OTAA and ABP join systems, recognise uplink and downlink messages…

Regards,

1 Like

Hello @pulidoj,

I appretiate your help. sorry for delayed response. I tried to disabled ADR, but I got a same message ‘’ UnconfirmedDataUp’’

The ADR status on chirpstack application remains true !! though I disabled from nano file !!
please find attached in pictures to clearify what I mean.

regards,
moshawa

Hi @MoShawa,

They are two different things:

• In the uplink you get the setup of your device. So it means that the configuration of your device is ADR=true. Depending on your device there are different ways to disable it. But at the end your device is telling that it is prepared for ADR to be changed from a server.
  • On the other screenshot you have the configuration of the server, and with "disable_adr=true" your server is not going to try to change the DR of any device, indepedently on how the device is setup. So your server should not send any Downlink command to try to change the DR or TX power of your device.

So, everything is ok.

You have another option to make this:

• Set your server disable_adr=false so the server could change adr on devices.
  • Set your device ADR=false.

In this case the decision of ADR is on the device and not on the server.
You could have different devices, each one configured in different ways.
Everything depends on what you want to get.

1 Like

You can build an Application platform where all data are collected and create a beautiful Dashboard to show data.
Here you may have a lot of work playing with data: visual charts, reports, alarms, machine learning jobs…

Hello @pulidoj,

Hope you are doing well !
I have built integration via InfluxDB and Grafana and so far no problem, but I have problem with NS’ ip address every turning off/on VM ware machine the ip address has been changed automatically, thus I have to re-configured my Dragino-gateway again with new NS’ IP address. do you have any suggestions ?

Regards,
Moshawa

Hi @MoShawa
Sorry for hijacking your post but I am having trouble of getting the application server web UI to display Device Data. I am using Dragino LPS8 Gateway. Do you have any suggestion?
Kind

Hi,

You have to check ip address and port number for the pcket forwarder ( lps8) ,which should be ( port:1700) you also have to see logsys in Network Server to know what is the problem.

Regards
moshawa

Hi @MoShawa,

Sorry I didn’t answer, I was really busy last weeks.
I’m not very keen on VM, we usually works with “real” server, but I will try to help you.
What operating system are you using on VM?

Regards

Hi :wave: @pulidoj,
It’s fine. I am using Linux Ubuntu.
it works fine !! you are right.

Regards
Moshawa

HI can some one help me i don’t now how i can testing connection between server and gateway

Hi, i recommend you to follow this toturial. It is really helpful !!
Good luck inshalla.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9FegcZTeB9LRLnXtN6OMkVSZYgHdlmOr

thank you for your answer but can someone tell me how integrate http in chirpstack and testing between gateway and server using command " curl "

Hi Mohamed,

I think you should explain your question more in detail and check that this topic is the right one.

i don’t now how i cant connect esp32 ttgo white gateway lg01