Esp32-lora-1-channel - Backend/semtechudp: could not handle packet

Hello, we installed ChirpStack 4 instead of the original version 3. But I have a problem that my gateway does not work.

…" level=info msg=“integration/mqtt: publishing event” event=stats qos=0 topic=gateway/2c3ae8ffff45101d/event/stats
… level=error msg=“backend/semtechudp: could not handle packet” addr=“10.0.10.120:1700” data_base64= error=“gateway: at least 4 bytes of data are expected”

Note that single-channel gateways are very problematic in general. In your case it seems it is not sending the data in the correct format as specified by https://github.com/Lora-net/packet_forwarder/blob/master/PROTOCOL.TXT. If you are able to make it communicate, you will run into many other issues (single channel, single data-rate, …).

Instead of wasting time on this, I would recommend buying a SX1301 /2 /3 Raspberry Pi concentrator shield as these are an affordable way to getting started with LoRaWAN.

1 Like

Hi, it wasn’t a mistake. The error is still there. I put version 3 then version 4 again and the only problem was that I didn’t have MQTT set correctly (eu868/gateway/{{ .GatewayID }}/event/{{ .EventType }}") I was missing eu868.

I have a LoRaGo DOCK on my barracks for 5 years and I make small lora sensors myself with a small flashlight and a solar panel and it works beautifully even on a 1 channel gateway. But I’m sure in time, when my current one runs out or I want more comfort, I’ll switch to multichannel :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.