For our European sensors and gateway (running loraserver), we originally intended to use the same channel lineup that TTN uses. This lineup is as follows:
- 868.1 - SF7BW125 to SF12BW125
- 868.3 - SF7BW125 to SF12BW125 and SF7BW250
- 868.5 - SF7BW125 to SF12BW125
- 867.1 - SF7BW125 to SF12BW125
- 867.3 - SF7BW125 to SF12BW125
- 867.5 - SF7BW125 to SF12BW125
- 867.7 - SF7BW125 to SF12BW125
- 867.9 - SF7BW125 to SF12BW125
- 868.8 - FSK
- Uplink channels 1-9 (RX1)
We have put our product through agency testing and the test lab is trying to get us certified to CEPT/ERC/REC 70-03 as a Class 1 device. However, I can not use the 868.8 MHz FSK channel to achieve this rating. I need to limit my transmissions to fall between 867.1 MHz and 868.5 MHz.
What happens if I simply disable this 868.8 MHz FSK channel in both the end nodes and in the gateway? We don’t need the high speed aspect. Will this work for us? Do I break anything by disabling the FSK channel?
Also, is it possible to still use FSK for one high-speed channel, but share the 868.3 MHz frequency to use FSK in addition to the LoRa modulation?