Feature "TXACK / REMOVING OF QUEUE ITEMS"

hi,

I would like to ask about this feature “TXACK / REMOVING OF QUEUE ITEMS” released back on Network-Server 3.13.0
is this TXACK mean the ACK directly from the gateway when the downstream is sent by the network server?
and if that is the case, is Semtech UDP packet-forwarder V1 protocol excluded from this feature?
since i think the V1 protocol will not send the ACK ?

V1

V2

i don’t really understand the protocol, so i am so sorry if i made a mistake related to this topic

Correct. You need a Packet Forwarder version which implements this ACK or the downlink will stay in the queue forever.

hi brocaar,

thanks for your explanation, is there any option to disable the feature, or should i use the older network-server ?
since i have gateway that still use the V1 Protocol, and the provider seems to not goona update to the newer version
anyway thanks for your answer

br
bagus

It is not possible to disable this.

since i have gateway that still use the V1 Protocol, and the provider seems to not goona update to the newer version

Can’t you install a newer packet-forwarder yourself on the gateway? The source-code is publicly available:

What happens if the gateway doesn’t send the TxAck or takes a long time to send? How is the relay/retransmission policy?

In this case the downlink stays in the queue :slight_smile:

How can I configure the timeout to wait for TxAck? (parameter name and file “toml” name). This behaviour is the same in ChirpStack V3 and ChirpStack V4?

There is no timeout / wait time. If it doesn’t get the txack from the gateway, the downlink stays in the queue. It is the same behavior as v3.

You’ve said that we’d need to send this ACK or the downlink will stay in the queue forever. What if the gateway was disconnected or turned off? And take a while to connect again. For example, maintenance in locations of difficult access can take days. Would the system be jammed? How could we work around this?

If you turn off the gateway, then it wouldn’t transmit the downlink either, so in that case you DO want to keep the item in the queue.

Thanks for your time and support!