FUOTA Deployment

Hello,

We would like to deploy unicast FUOTA thanks to the API you provide but we are stuck at the multicast setup req step.
Indeed, we well receive the REMOTE_MCAST_SETUP_MC_GROUP_SETUP_REQ message coming from network server, and the device answer without error.
And then we do not receive anything …

We use the last version of the Chirpstack servers.

We do not understand some fields of the request /api/devices/{dev_eui}/fuota-deployment, like nextStepAfter, state, …
Other point, we do not know how we can provide file to be transferred by the server.

Best way would be to have some documentation of the API

Our setup bench : Kerlink wirenet station connected to the chirpstack servers

Any help would be very appreciated.

1 Like

We’ve been looking at the same thing recently. A little more documentation on the process feels needed. If anyone has written up a walk-through of FUOTA from configuration to sending, I would be eager to read it.

Hello @bconway, I was wondering if you have some new informations about FUOTA Deployement since your last post ?

Thank in advance !

My work on this topic was back-burnered a bit, so it has mostly been research. I’ve found the relevant specs helpful:

This provided a couple usage hints, but note that the repo itself is out of date with current FUOTA support in ChirpStack:

Hi Guys

this is also relevant for a project I am working on, has anyone implemented FUOTA or FOTA successfully over lorawan, with or without the lorawan alliance proposed method?

Hello Everyone,

I have been facing the same issues with FUOTA here. I tried both, the web-gui interface that runs on localhost, as well as the loraserver.js script to perform the FUOTA without any success.
For me, the fuota doesn’t progress beyond the time sync Req/Ans. I could only see the timesync happening but after that none of the other necessary requests such as multicast group setup, fragmentation setup or MC class C setup are received on my device.

Would like to see if anyone able to successfully test the complete FUOTA using chirpstack.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Prashant

Hi @Prashant_Tandel

Follow below FUOTA Process summary.

FUOTA Process Summary (lora-alliance.org)

we have successfully tested FUOTA using above Process

1 Like

Hi @sagarpatel
Thank your for your valuable input. I will go through the document and verify in my code.
One question that I would like to ask is did you try fuota using web-gui (please refer the image below) or using loraserver.js script?

Hi @Prashant_Tandel

we are using the chirpstack-application-server web GUI.

1 Like

Thanks Sagar for the confirmation!

Please note, there will be some FUOTA changes coming, see my comment in this topic: Multicasting and Firmware over the Air (FOTA).