Gateway live LoRaWAN frames arriving but not showing on device console

Latest version of network server 3 and app server 3. Both running on the same Windows machine.

I have a setup with three Laird Sentrius RG1xx gateways in a factory. All gateways have been upgraded to version gatwick-laird-93.8.4.28 in order to make them work with LoRa server v.3. I have also a device transmitting every 60 seconds and apparently registered via OTAA since one of the gatway’s live lorawan frames console (in App Server) is displaying periodic (60 sec) UnconfirmedDataUp frames. The device was last seen yesterday (status shown in the App Server, device details) so I understand that the device was successfully registered. The problem is that even if the device is currently transmitting no packets are being displayed in the device lorawan frames console. I’ve just disabled frame-counter validation but I don’t know whether this requires a device restart.

This device is in a difficult location so I’d like to know if there is a way to make the device reconnect from the server.

Any other idea about what might be happening?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I restarted the device and it registered again. I’ll have to implement a periodic check for connectivity in order to make the device rejoin when necessary.