Gateway online status as event

Hi,

we want to integrate chirpstack application server into another existing service. We already have device management for other device types. So we plan to use the external application server gRPC API to create gateways and devices.
And we need the current gateway status. It is possible to get gateway status updates pushed to another service in some way? I found the gRPC API which contains gateway stats/last ping endpoint. But then we have to poll this endpoint to get this information.

This might be what you are looking for (MQTT): States - ChirpStack open-source LoRaWAN<sup>®</sup> Network Server.

Is this Event also accessible by rabbit mq through application server? Or do we have to subscribe to this topic by our self? Because currently mqtt broker is only used for chirpstack internal communication (device, gateway bridge with network server)

Hi,

One way could be subscribing to gateway/+/event/stats mqtt topic so you don’t need to poll it.

1 Like

sure but see my last question, it would be easier if we only need to integrate one message queue

1 Like

Hi @gbr @brocaar

I think it’s a good idea to get the gateway stat event via global integration through the application server and we can also show Gateway stat (ONLINE/OFFLINE) in the application server GUI.

1 Like